What Makes The First Monday of October Important?
The first Monday of October is the day that all of our business students, sales students, and C-Level executives start placing significant importance on starting to develop their professional and personal development goals for the coming year. Nobody else does this! This distinctive planning tactic will help you get ahead of your competition! While everyone else is still scratching their heads and thinking about their goals once January comes, you will already have defined exactlyexactly how you plan to accomplish it.
Put Goal Planning In Your Calendar So It Gets Done!
- Add an event for the first Monday of October.
- Color the date red.
- Set it for 7am.
- Make this even repeat every year with no end date.
By using Outlook’s recurring calendar events, you can get yourself ready right out of the gate on January 1st. All you need to do is set up a recurring event for the first Monday of every October, color it red, and set it for 7am with an alert. Now you will never miss the date!
Tips For Successful Goal Planning:
- Keep separate lists for professional and personal goals.
- Write down your ideas as soon as they come to you!
- Create an action plan for each goal. Our FREE goal planner is available below!
- Involve other people! This will give you incentive and keep you accountable.
- Implement, implement, implement!
Need A Few Professional Development Ideas?
- Plan any major staff changes and get it done before the holidays.
- Redo & update your TOMA campaign.
- Create the Phase Planning Plan for the next year.
- Plan and place in OL your 4 vacations for the year.
- Plan your % of increase for the new year.
- Start your Click Forward Campaign.
- Change any policies for greater efficiency and revenue-producing activities.
- Hide business cards in books starting in January…
- Watch Goals: Ready, Aim, Fire!
Need A Few Personal Development Ideas?
- Take the Clean Sweep Assessment.
- Master your Daily Delicious Habits
- Work on your Five Pillars of Attraction. (F.R.E.S.H.)
Don’t Procrastinate! Activate Your Goals Today!
Put Your Goals In Focus!
Goal Action Planning Guide
Download this editable PDF planner for FREE. Make an action plan and write down your goals in our Goal Action Planner!Click Here to Download
(Adobe Acrobat is Required.)